Just as the motherhood has come natural to you, so will be the urge to breast-feed your baby. Don’t let it go! Stick on to it. Some babies might find it difficult to latch, but your patience and sweet persuasion will help your child learn to latch quickly. When breastfeeding becomes a part of your routine, your baby will also get used to it and cherish it more than anything else. Your baby’s taste buds will recognize your milk - give him/her the feast of breast-feed every few hours, but on demand!
Breastfeeding Is Easier Than You Think!
Feed it right, with a little insight – breastfeeding is easier and more convenient than you might assume. The best part about breastfeeding that it is the natural way of nourishing your child, and that too, without a cost. Feeding the baby with your milk is not just helpful in its growth, but it also boosts up your health too. Worried about your figure? Don’t want to layer up your bones with an extra layer of fat? Breastfeeding helps to shape you up in long run. When you breast-feed your baby with your milk, it helps you maintain your physical health, improve your cosmetic appearance, and strengthens the emotional bond between you and your baby giving you immense pleasure and satisfaction.
Benefits for Mother
- Breastfeeding minimizes the preparation time to zero in contrast to infant formulas that take too much time to prepare.
- Breastfeeding not only helps you keep your baby healthy, but it also keeps you in shape, and works as a natural contraceptive. Chances of pregnancy while breastfeeding are very rare.
- Breastfeeding will reduce the chances of you developing a breast cancer and even ovarian cancer later in your life.
- You can also decrease the risk of becoming overweight and developing obesity with continuous breastfeeding.
Benefits for the Baby
- The initial breast milk is highly concentrated with Colostrum that is a perfect first food for your baby rich in bilirubin to prevent jaundice and can be easily digested.
- Not only does the breast milk provide proper nourishment to your baby, but it also instills vital antibodies into your child’s system developing greater immunity levels.
- Breastfeeding helps to keep your baby healthy, active, fit and well nourished by providing necessary nutrients.
So, how many times in a day your baby yarns for a feed and what is the average time gap between two successive feedings?